The Primary School English Week took place from 19th - 23rd September 2016. Different activities that children and teachers were involved in included the following;
- Buddy pyjama reading hour: During this hour, children dressed up in their pyjamas and read books together with their buddy year groups. The teachers were not left behind as they also joined them.
- D-E-A-R: Drop Everything And Read - This slogan was evident in the school as each time the bell rang, children dropped everything and dashed for the nearest book to read.
- Children and teachers joined hands in decorating their class doors to depict different book covers. From Creche all the way to Year 6, the doors truly looked beautiful.
- The Interhouse Book Challenge displayed children's knowledge and understanding of different story books.
- Volunteer parents came in and read books for the children. We say a big thank you to all for taking time out of your busy schedules.
The climax of the week was the Character Charade where teachers and children alike came to school dressed in clothes displaying their favourite book characters. From queens to kings, superheroes to maids, wizards to witches, the school theatre was full of colour during the whole school assembly.
As we endeavour to inculcate a reading culture in our children, we urge parents to keep encouraging them to read a wide range of books to improve on their vocabulary.
Thank you all for making the week such a success, this couldn't have been possible without you.
Ms. C. Akinyi - English Curriculum Leader